Daniil Vyacheslavovich Kvyat (Russian: Дании́л Вячесла́вович Квят; pronounced: kv-YAT; born 26 April 1994 in Ufa, Bashorotostan, Russia) is a Russian racing driver who made his Formula One debut in the 2014 Formula One season for the Toro Rosso team, alongside Jean-Éric Vergne. His car number is #26. Kvyat got his first opportunity to drive a Formula One car when he participated in the Young Driver Test for the same team during the 2013 season, in the U.S. and Brazil.
He made his Formula One début at the 2014 Australian Grand Prix. He qualified 8th and then made his first points finish by finishing 10th, but was later promoted to 9th after Daniel Ricciardo was disqualified. He made a new record for the youngest driver to score points at the age of 19 years and 324 days, breaking Sebastian Vettel's record by 19 years and 349 days, until Max Verstappen beat the record in the 2015 Malaysian Grand Prix at the age of 17 years and 180 days.
Starting from the 2017 Malaysian Grand Prix, he was replaced by Pierre Gasly, though he would still remain "part of the Red Bull Family". After the announcement of Carlos Sainz, Jr. moving to Renault early, Kvyat was confirmed to come back to Toro Rosso at the United States Grand Prix, but despite scoring one point there, he was again left without a drive after Gasly and Brendon Hartley were confirmed to compete at the Mexican Grand Prix, and was later released from Toro Rosso and Red Bull.
Formula One CareerEdit
Formula One Statistical OverviewEdit
Formula One RecordEdit
|2013||Scuderia Toro Rosso||Toro Rosso-Ferrari||Test Driver|
|2014||Scuderia Toro Rosso||Toro Rosso-Renault||8||15th||Report|
|2015||Infiniti Red Bull Racing||Red Bull-Renault||95||7th||Report|
|2016||Red Bull Racing||Red Bull-TAG Heuer||25||14th||Report|
|Scuderia Toro Rosso||Toro Rosso-Ferrari|
|2017||Scuderia Toro Rosso||Toro Rosso||5||19th||Report|
|Front Row Starts||0|
|Distance Raced||18573 km|
|Distance Led||0 km|
|Complete Formula One results|
|3rd||DNQ||Did not qualify|
|5th||Points finish||DNPQ||Did not pre-qualify|
|14th||Non-points finish||TD||Test driver|
|NC||Non-classified finish (<90% race distance)||DNS||Did not start|
|[+] More Symbols|
- ↑ "New line-up for Spain". redbullracing.com (Red Bull Racing). 5 May 2016. http://www.redbullracing.com/article/new-line-spain. Retrieved 5 May 2016.
- ↑ "Pierre Gasly to drive with Scuderia Toro Rosso". Toro Rosso. 26 September 2017. http://www.scuderiatororosso.com/en_IT/article/pierre-gasly-drive-scuderia-toro-rosso. Retrieved 26 September 2017.
- ↑ "Renault Sport Formula One Team confirms driver change". Renault Sport. 7 October 2017. https://www.renaultsport.com/renault-sport-formula-one-team-confirm-driver-change.html. Retrieved 7 October 2017.
- ↑ Barretto, Lawrence (7 October 2017). "Toro Rosso confirms Gasly/Kvyat for US GP after Sainz Renault exit". Autosport. Haymarket Publications. https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/132270/toro-rosso-confirms-gaslykvyat-for-us-gp. Retrieved 7 October 2017.
- ↑ "Toro Rosso confirm Hartley and Gasly for Mexico". Formula One World Championship Ltd. 23 October 2017. https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2017/10/toro-rosso-confirm-hartley-and-gasly-for-mexico.html. Retrieved 23 October 2017.
- ↑ "Daniil Kvyat no longer part of Red Bull or Toro Rosso in Formula 1". Autosport (Motorsport Network). 27 October 2017. https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/132687/kvyat-no-longer-part-of-red-bull-in-f1. Retrieved 28 October 2017.
|V T E||Scuderia Toro Rosso|
10. Pierre Gasly · 39. Brendon Hartley
Franz Tost · Alex Hitzinger · James Key · Dietrich Mateschitz
Jaime Alguersuari · Sébastien Buemi · Sébastien Bourdais · Sebastian Vettel · Scott Speed · Vitantonio Liuzzi · Daniel Ricciardo · Jean-Éric Vergne · Max Verstappen · Carlos Sainz, Jr. · Daniil Kvyat
STR1 · STR2 · STR2B · STR3 · STR4 · STR5 · STR6 · STR7 · STR8 · STR9 · STR10 · STR11 · STR12
|V T E||Red Bull Racing|
3. Daniel Ricciardo · 33. Max Verstappen
Sébastien Buemi · Pierre Gasly
Christian Horner · Adrian Newey · Dietrich Mateschitz · Helmut Marko
Mark Webber · David Coulthard · Scott Speed · Robert Doornbos · Vitantonio Liuzzi · Christian Klien · Sebastian Vettel · Daniil Kvyat
RB1 · RB2 · RB3 · RB4 · RB5 · RB6 · RB7 · RB8 · RB9 · RB10 · RB11 · RB12 · RB13
Toro Rosso · Red Bull Ring
|v·d·e||Nominate this page for Featured Article|